Thank you so much for supporting Samantha’s WRDSB Election Campaign!
As a first-time candidate, it will take a very strong and dedicated grass roots campaign to be elected. With thousands of brochures to purchase, hundreds of yard signs to order, scores of ads to place, and the largest city in Waterloo Region to cover, our campaign will need help. Your early contribution will give our race a tremendous boost right out of the starting block.
How to Donate Online
If you wish to donate over $25, as per the Elections Ontario rules, you can donate via our handy dandy PayPal link. If you wish to donate via e-transfer or by cheque, fill out the form at the end of this post.
Rules & Limits
Who Can and Can’t Donate
There are a set of rules on who can donate to school board campaigns as per Elections Ontario:
- You must normally reside in Ontario
- A business cannot donate to a campaign HOWEVER business owners can donate to a campaign as an individual using personal funds
- Clubs, associations, unions, etc. cannot donate to a campaign HOWEVER their members can donate to a campaign as an individual using personal funds
But but but – I want to donate to your campaign but I do not live in Ontario!
Sorry, friend, but you unfortunately cannot donate to the campaign. However, you can share our social media accounts and website, and you can also ask your friends in Ontario to support our campaign.
As per all elections, there are a few limits that apply when donating to a political campaign:
- An individual cannot donate more than $1,200 to an individual campaign
- An individual cannot donate more than $5,000 to candidates running in the same jurisdiction (i.e. WRDSB candidates)
- Donations of $25 or less can be made in cash
- Any donations over $25 must be made by cheque, e-transfer, paypal, credit card, etc.
- All donation to school board campaigns in the Province of Ontario are not income tax-deductible
If you have any questions, want to know where to mail cheques, or wish to meet up to discuss donations, please fill out the form below: